Two-wheelers are popular with people of all ages. The reason for the great success of the two-wheelers is that they are small, handy and inexpensive. Even high prices for four-wheelers drew the attention of car lovers to affordable bikes with low maintenance costs.
Main reasons for the success of the two-wheelers:
1. With high inflation rates and low liquidity in the market, buyers are reluctant to buy the cars.
2. The long-awaited nano and small cars are also in the pipeline.
3. Bikes have hassle-free and quick credit approval.
4. It is available for all models at attractive interest rates.
5. There are flexible repayment options. It ranges from 12 to 48 months.
6. Repayment of the loans is possible through the postdated checks with simple EMIs.
7. Unlike four-wheelers, which have high maintenance costs, two-wheelers are easy to maintain, smooth to rent, and easily affordable.
All of this resulted in sales of the two-wheelers skyrocketing.
Manufacturers of two-wheelers:
A lot has changed in two-wheelers in the last two decades. So far there have only been a handful of two-wheeler models in this country. In the early 1950’s, Automobile Products in India (API) started producing scooters. By 1958 API and Enfield were the only manufacturers of two wheelers in India.
But in the current scenario, the Indian two-wheeler market is booming. India is the second largest producer and manufacturer of two wheelers in the market. India follows China and Japan in terms of sales and production of the two-wheelers.
There are more than 10 two wheeler manufacturers in India and the list includes Bajaj, Hero Honda Motors, Indus, Kinetic Motor, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, TVS and Yamaha.
There are many major players in the market selling bikes, scooters and mopeds at competitive prices, giving buyers plenty of options. This means that you no longer have to make any compromises when it comes to your needs and can easily get hold of a two-wheeler of your choice at the best prices.